Friday, May 12, 2006

Last Day Of Classes

Well, College is officially over for me. Today was my last day of classes, so finals are next week and graduation as well. I'm going to miss going to school, I've really enjoyed it. I always get a little nostalgic at times like these. Oh well, every ending is also a new beginning I suppose.
I am starting to get excited rather than nervous about my upcoming military service. I"m still not sure I like the idea about jumping out of an airplane (there's no such thing as a perfectly good airplane IMHO), but I am getting excited about beggining the next phase of my life. Pretty much as soon as I graduate from OSUT, I'll be turning 30, then jump school. I suppose that is a pretty novel way to spend your birthday! Two milestones in as many months, who wouldnt be excited about that?
I was looking online for a new camelback to get for myself as a little graduation present. I have it narrowed down to 3 of them, the BFM, the Motherload, and the Talon-J. I like the BFM and Motherload because they come in the new ACU pattern, which matches the Army's new uniform. They are also the two largest packs camelback makes. Then I discovered the Talon-J, the J stands for "jumpable". I understand that to mean specifically designed with Airborne operations in mind. That's pretty cool considering I'll be attending airborne school, right? But then I asked myself, what exactly make's a pack "jumpable"? The Talon-J is priced higher than the non -J Talon model, but has "a built-in, single point release, and easily stowable leg straps." Hmmm. If anyone out there ever reads this, and can give me a little advice here, I'd appreciate it. I guess this blog is sort of turning out to be back-pack related, which I suppose is in line with my future occupation. Next thing I should probably discuss is footwear!

1 Comments:

Blogger SuGaRBuTT said...

Stumbled across your page from Recruiting Tirade's blog...Hope this helps: http://www.danner.com/!

Hah...my friend is a nerd about military supply stuff, and he's always talkin' about how great his Danner boots are...=)

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home