Friday, June 23, 2006

8 Mile

Well, I did my 8 mile ruck last night, and I have to say it went well. I'm still not carrying enough weight or going fast enough, or probably even far enough....but it's a beginning. It wasn't even really that bad. I am getting tired of walking on pavement though...it really starts to hurt my feet. Anyway, my little trip ended at a friends beach house on the lake, man it was nice to go for a swim after that. I ended up camping out on their deck, I really enjoyed listening to water all night. There was also a great breeze blowing out in from the lake, so it was nice and cool. All in all a very pleasant experience, but I am sore today. The abrasion on my hip has definately gotten worse..its all weepy and sticks to the waistband of pants...so every time I move it rips the scab off again...grrr....that gets old fast! I had a Guiness to celebrate the end of my trip, and its a good thing we only had 1 each because it tasted waaaaay too good. Its been a while since I really got into it with a few Guiness, and last night it really would have been welcome. Oh well, I guess I should stick to water anyway. Oh before I forget...my total time was 2:23 for the 8 miles, and I carried ~35lbs. just for the record!

1 Comments:

Blogger Soxfan said...

On your ruck... I've been told to shoot for a little faster then 15 min miles and while in training don't carry any more then 35ish pounds so you're not too far off.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home