Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Every step is a victory

I took yesterday off because my lower back was getting upset with me, but did another march today and added 10 pounds. It feels good to be doing something. One thing I've noticed is that the first mile is the hardest, getting used to the ruck, finding my pace, getting a good sweat going. After that though...it actually starts to feel good. I'm not quite going fast enough yet, but I am getting faster every day. I'm doing about a 15:30 per mile pace, I want to get that down to around 14:00, with more weight over a longer distance. I think that Im going to stop adding weight at the 60lb mark. I've read on several site's that anything more is asking for an injury. just over 10 weeks until I ship out, so I have to train aggressively. I'm surprised that I'm not losing weight! I'm still at 205 lbs. despite all the running around I'm doing. Maybe thats a good thing. Anyway, I have noticed that I have a really positive attitude when I'm excercising, it's mainly when I'm laying in bed at night that the doom and gloom comes. I suppose that has alot to do with the endorphines released during the excercises. I suppose the solution is more excercise! Tomorrow I'm doing just over 8 miles. My dad and I are going to a friends beach house and spending the night there. Its not really much of a beach house...more like a very spartan cabin, but I'm marching all the way up there, and probably back as well. I'll be taking the EMS for this one instead of the Ruck, my goal for time is just over 2 hours. We'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home