Thursday, June 15, 2006

Inspirational Quotes

So I've decided to start posting any little bit of Inspirational material that comes my way. It cant hurt to have a good quote in your bag of tricks! I'll start with one from George Orwell:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

In my favorite book of late, Starship Troopers, by Robert Heinlein; when the protagonist, johnnie is in boot camp, he gets a letter from one of his highschool teachers, who is a veteran. In the message there is a line that reads "The Noblest fate that a man can endure is to place his own mortal body between his loved home and the war's desolation".

I thought this was a great phrase. It's a great book, I've read it about 5 times in the last few months. Well, I guess thats all for now. Somebody leave a comment or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger JACK ARMY said...

Heinlein sprinkled lots of gems in Starship Troopers. Good book, shame the movie was such a letdown.

Anyway, train up going well? When do you ship?

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home