Friday, August 18, 2006

New Direction

Ok, time to take this in a new direction. Maybe time for a new beginning. As an update, for everyone that missed it, my 18x contract is history because of my unsat airborne physical. I still want to join the Army though, and I've decided to try and go the officer route. The only things I need for my OCS packet at this point are the letters of reccomendation (3-6), and my handwritten and typed essay about why I want to be an Army Officer. Well, I have 2 letters of reccomendation and the essay is both typed and written, so one more letter of reccomendation and I'll be heading to the board, where I'll be interviewed by 3 officers. I've heard that this can be either a difficult experience, or just a formality....I'm not sure what to expect, but I'm confident I'll be accepted. After the board makes it's descision, I'll either be staying at Best Buy for life, or getting a new Ship date for the Warrior Transition Course down at Fort Knox. After the WTC comes OCS, then my Branch Officer Basic class, then a duty station.

Does this mean I've given up on SF? Not by a long shot. As soon as I make 1LT, I'll put together my SF packet and try and get a slot for SFAS. Hopefully the Docs on active duty will be more helpful as far as getting me medically qualified for airborne, or should I say un-disqualified for airborne. Who knows, maybe this is the path I'm meant to take. Maybe SF isnt in the cards for me at all, I can't say. I can say that I'll do everything I can to get there and succeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robyn Doyle White said...

You'll get in, no problem. I have absolute faith that you can smooth talk a board of officers.

I've not been following your blog lately, so I didn't know about this stuff. Sorry about the physical.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home