Sunday, September 10, 2006

Go directly to OCS, do not pass go, do not collect $200

So Thursday was an interesting day. I went back to MEPS to sign my OCS contract. I found out that I wont be going to the WTC at all. I leave directly for reception and start my OCS class on 10 OCT. Its sort of short notice, but seeing as how I was supposed to ship Thursday, I guess I cant really complain. I'm working at Best Buy untill the 23rd, then I'll have about 5 days to pack up my apartment, put everything in storage, and say my good-bye's. No idea what branch I'll get, I'm hoping for MI or Infantry, which I really dont think are unreasonable. It's possible that my airborne DQ could keep me out an infantry unit...so who knows...maybe by then I'll get to see a doc who can get me cleared for airborne duty. I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be able to do in between now and when I leave, and I'm pretty sure that it's not gonna happen once Im at OCS, but we'll see.

1 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

You are my hero. Just hope that you never wind up in command of a recruiting company.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home