Thursday, August 24, 2006

Holy Plasma's Batman!

So we have finally started getting inventory for the new store. I have never seen so many gorgeous televisions in one place in my entire life. The smallest one I've had to move has been 40", the biggest so far has been 79". WOW. The good thing about all that is that the store will be impressive, the bad thing is that my back is killing me! Plasma TV's, for as thin as they are, are friggin HEAVY!!!! LCD T.V.'s...very thin, very light, thie first one I tried to move made me think the box was empty. I would love to own one of them....gorgeous....mmmmm...Gears of War would look so good on a brank new 50" Samsung or Pioneer Elite LCD.....sigh...oh well...maybe someday. In news of the wierd...Im actually learning alot and getting some cool experience working at the new store. I get to set everything up in the Home Theater section (where I'll be working) and running all the wiring, learning how to make the cables....how much digital signal an HD tvneeds to have a decent picture...how to figure out how much of that signal is lost by each coupler I make...its been pretty cool, and pretty hands on. I set up a display today for the LCD/Plasma mounts....very cool. B.B really has their shit together when it comes to this sort of thing....everything we have in the store is beautiful. For as much as I bitch about the pay, I'm gettng excited about the store opening and getting everything finally put together.

I officially finished my OCS packet tonight. Turned in my essays, and my letters of reccomendation. It's all getting sent out tomorrow, then I'll go to the board next week, probably Thursday, and then renegotiate and sign a new contract. The full weight of being an officer really hit home tonight. My recruiter asked me a few questions he thought would be a good sample of what the board might ask, and they really got me thinking. I also came torealize that in order to be a truly excellent officer, I have to be better than all my men at everything. I have to have shorter hair, a closer shave and a sharper uniform...everyday. I have to be able to run farther and faster, do more push-ups and sit-ups, march farther with more weight, and shoot straighter than all of the men I expect to follow me. I have to have all the answers to their questions and be able to anticipate their wants and needs. I have to be the example of the soldier that I want them to be...in all aspects of my life. Both professionally and personally. Im beginning to think that there arent enough hours in the day to learn everything I'll need to know. Thank God for NCO's. There's a significant amount of pressure that comes with accepting all of this. It's really an amazing opportunity. I can't imagine the caliber of officer that it takes to be an SF Officer. If Im going to be challenged this much to be a bisic infantry officer, I cant even dream what it must be like to be responsible for an ODA, or to be in charge of some of the missions that they undertake, far away from any guidance from superiors. Absolutely Amazing. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the challenges ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home