Saturday, July 01, 2006

Blister heels

So, I discovered that I can get on base and shop in the PX with my silly little DEP ID. WOOHOO! They sell all sorts of cool stuff in there! I bought some socks (green wool ones), boots, a complete ruck, a little flashlight with a red L.E.D. and a map case. Man, they sell all kinds of cool camelbacks and go-faster stuff in there, but I stuck to the essentials. So today, despite instructions to the contrary, I decided to try out my new boots. BIG FRIGGIN MISTAKE! I am now the proud owner of two silver dollar sized blisters on each heel. Can you say DUMBASS? oh well, now I know first hand why they say not to ruck in brand new boots. Anyway, I also went to my recruiters office and talked with him for a while. All in all, not a bad day. I have actually come to like my daily ruck's. it really gives me a chance to get some tension out of my system. It starts to feel good after a while. The pain goes away and I start to get that endorphin rush and feel like a tough guy. hehe....its good for me at this point....building the confidence I'll need for later. On the up side, the blisters will give me an excuse to focus on upperbody training for a few days, which I have been neglecting. Im trying to do every push-up perfectly. I go slow. This makes them extremely difficult for me. But practice makes perfect only if its perfect practice, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger SC said...

There are lots of "tricks" to break in boots but in my opinion they are right up there with "tricks" to get sober. Just wear them around until they don't dig in so much.

3:51 PM  
Blogger SuGaRBuTT said...

I would totally have gone buckwild at the PX...hundreds of dollars spent...haha...I admire your constraint...

...what kinda boots did you get?? =)

10:38 AM  
Blogger ElimiNate said...

Yeah....I definately could have spent alot more money there than I did, But Im fighting the urge to become a mall ninja..haha...I ended up just getting some McRae footwear boots, there are "DSCP ISSUE" boots...not sure what that means, but they were cheap! Just a basic desert boot, liioks like the old green and black jungle boots...but all tan.

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home