Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mt. Azure


So I got home last night from my little trip up into the Adirondacks. I really love it up there! Spent a nice quite night communing with nature and then did a hike up Mt. Azure. The trail is 2 miles long (round trip) and goes up 944 feet vertically. Its definately a nice workout. The really good news is that I lugged the Ruck up all the way, and even managed to bring a stone up in it (there's a rock pile they are trying to move to the top to help stop erosion). My legs felt great, but I thought my heart was going to explode. I suppose I should do some more cardio! (actually, any at all would probably help.) I'm also happy to say that the blisters, while still a little raw, are alot better. I wore plain hiking boots on the trail, and still had a little "sensation" in my heels, but no damage done. I'm really hoping for a nice set of calluses before I ship to OSUT, otherwise, when I get there my feet will get all torn up again, and once training really begins I dont want to have to take time off for an injury.

In other news, my personal life remains in a state of flux. I had a big huge rant written, but I deleted it because it's just more whining and crying about women. Nobody wants to hear that crap! I have had a few moments that made me raise an eyebrow this past week though. I guess it keeps my life interesting.

I did do something fun this morning though...I watched Rambo! Thats right, the first one, the original. HAHAHA.....it was Awesome. I really like the part where the SF Officer goes off on his little rant about how they are dealing "With a man who has been trained to ignore weather, ignore pain....trained to eat stuff that would make a billy goat puke!" HAHA thats classic. Next on my list of fun movies is The Green Berets, starring none other than THE DUKE himself. I've seen it a few times, but it always cracks me up. Maybe I'll make that a reward for my next long training day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home