Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pain in the foot

After taking my Ruck out for its daily walk yesterday...the top of my left foot was killing me! Its kind of an internal pain, no marks on the foot or anything...I'm desperately hoping its not the beginning of a fracture. Now bear in mind that I have been doing my Rucks mainly on paved roads and sidewalks, and doing at least 2.5 miles a day as fast as I can. The Ruck is now weighing in at a healthy 45 lbs (proabaly a little more considering it has been soaking wet form all this damn rain!), and I'm thinking that I have exceeded my Sneakers tolerances. It's probably time to get the boots into full usage, if I can ever get them broken in. I'm honestly thinking I may have gotten the wrong size....maybe I should have gone with an 8w instead of the 8 1/2w. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten the wides at all. I dont know, but I'll need to have this all figured out before I ship. My calluses are coming along quite nicely though. In good news, Im finally under 200lbs! I weighed in at 199 yesterday, the lightest I've been in a few years. I havent exactly been obese, but I have definately been carrying a little extra baggage around that I didnt need. Now I wont have to go through the humiliation of being taped after a weight in. I'm actually pretty happy about that, the little Belly is shrinking and my legs and hips are getting alot of definition. 7 more weeks or so untill I ship, so I should be in much better shape!

The thing that really bums me out about the foot is that I cant run on it when its all messed up like this, and I REALLY need to work on my running. BAD. It's the one thing that could keep me out of SFAS and even Airborne. I will be so dissappointed if I cant even begin the courses because I cant score high enough on the damn PT test. Push ups and sit ups dont worry me....I'll be doing PLENTY of those in OSUT, I can garuntee that. Probably pull-ups too. And SOPC1 or the SFPC (whatever they are calling it now) will be upperbody intensive, beyond a doubt. But running is my weak point. I hate it because of that. Oh well, enough whining...time to knock out a few push-ups!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home