Thursday, July 13, 2006

I love the taste of shoe leather

Open mouth, Insert foot. Right. Anyway...today I am covered in Hives....from what Im not sure, I think the girls at Dunkin Donuts poisoned me with Equal today instead of my normal Splenda. I didnt even know that I was allergic to Equal, but I'm not sure what else it could be. Good news on the foot front, I was having some pain in the top of my left foot.. from my big toe back to my ankle. I was afraid that I was getting a stress fracture, but today it feels much better. Since I'm sitting today out due to my Hives, that gives me 2 whole days without a Ruck...I dont know if I like that. I know I dont in fact. Oh well, time spent preventing an injury now will hopefully pay off. Since I'm off today, I figured I'd make up a little list of Bad-Ass schools I'd like to go to if I'm successful at SFAS and the Q course.


1) Special Operations Target Interdiction Course (SOTIC). As I understand it, this is basically a Special Ops "sniper" course. I've always wanted to do something like this. Im not necessarily into the whole 1 shot, 1 kill mentality....I hope I never have to kill anyone. I just want to learn to be sneaky. And being able to shoot from from far away and hit stuff would be cool. Its definately a neat sounding school.

2) Special Forces SCUBA course. I like the water, I always have..and the New Combat Diver badge looks cool.

3) Military Free Fall school (MFF) - whats that you say? I'm scared shitless of the BASIC Airborne course? Why would I want to go to HALO school? well, thats a good question. I dont know. I should do stuff that scares me. Face my fears and conquer them. Overcome. Its another challenging school, and the MFF badge is even cooler than the Combat Diver Badge!

4) Ranger School- What Infantryman couldn't benefit from attending ranger school? Especially since I wont have a chance to build a strong Infantry background before SFAS, I think this school is essential to my success. I should go to Ranger School before I go to SFAS. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait. I do feel that attending ranger school would make me a better, more proficient soldier.

I suppose that any and oll of these schools will make me a better soldier. And thats what I really want to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home